- Four large bell peppers, stems and seeds removed
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- One large sweet onion, finely chopped
- Three medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1.5 cups dry quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth (I used homemade, so it has no salt)
- 1 lb. veggie ground crumble
- Crushed rosemary
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Dried thyme leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Vegan parmesan (optional)
- Add olive oil to hot skillet, then add onions and garlic. Saute until onions are translucent
- Add tomatoes, toss for a bit, then add spices to taste. I only added a bit of the red pepper flakes, but I went to town on the rest.
- Add ground crumble, cook until browned.
- Add quinoa, mix in and dry roast until you can hear the quinoa start to pop, then pour in the vegetable broth. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until the liquid is all absorbed. Then remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a baking dish, arrange the four peppers, and spoon the mixture into them until they are packed full. Don't be afraid to really pack it in.
- Spoon the remaining mixture around the peppers. This will help hold them upright if nothing else.
- Top the peppers and the mixture with just a little bit of vegan parmesan if you like (I just happened to have some around).
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes at 350F.
- Remove the foil and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
Do you like this suggestion?